Re: General feedback on the document

I disagree with this change. I imagine it will get re-assessed as we consider moving to a BP document that provides levels of compliance, but I must say that I find making the data machine readable an extremely low bar for calling something compliant with any sort of best practice for web publication. I would not happily vote to publish a spec that has this only as a should. I suspect that there is some confusion here about whether our document affects the ability of users to publish data online. We should be clear that we are not going to alter the ability of individuals to publish data in any particular form. If they want to publish data quickly and without meeting all the requirements for compliance with the BP document, they can still do that; they just can’t claim that they have published in accordance with our criteria.
-Annette
--
Annette Greiner
NERSC Data and Analytics Services