dwbp-ISSUE-143: Data Preservation BP should be reviewed [Best practices document(s)]

From: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:22:45 +0000
To: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
dwbp-ISSUE-143: Data Preservation BP should be reviewed [Best practices document(s)]

http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/143

Raised by: Carlos Iglesias
On product: Best practices document(s)

I feel quite uncomfortable with this section in general. I have some problems trying to understand the underlying principles for this BPs, but overall it looks to be about data archiving generally speaking instead about data persistence that is indeed the best practice IMO and also coherent with other BPs in the document (such as versioning). In fact data archiving looks more like a bad practice for me than a best one.