Re: dwbp-ISSUE-123 (Sensitive Data): Use of SHOULD versus MUST for Sensitive Data [Best practices document(s)]

From: Eric <ericphb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 07:38:26 -0800
To: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>, Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br>, Deirdre Lee <Deirdre.Lee@deri.org>
I raised this issue a couple days ago.  Is there any way we can address this week?

My concern is that the privacy and security communities won't be happy with SHOULD for addressing these requirements.  I am advocating instead for using MUST.

I know this goes back to the UCR doc.

Am I misinterpreting SHOULD?

Thanks,

Eric