Re: Use machine-readable standardized data formats / Use non-proprietary data formats

From: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 07:44:09 -0700
Cc: <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
To: Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com>
I think they are particular representations of data. If you publish a cool 3D rendering of some data, I think that is enriching it, but the data are the individual observations (vectors or voxels or whatever) used to make the representation. For molecules, I would say that a structured listing of the atoms and their bonds is the data. Otherwise, every visualization is data, which one can certainly argue in the definitional sense, but I think is beyond our scope.
-Annette