Fwd: Making it Matter Workshop: Supporting education in the developing world through open and linked data

Hi all,
I suppose many of you have already seen this, but just in case...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Marieke Guy <marieke.guy@okfn.org>
> Subject: Making it Matter Workshop: Supporting education in the developing world through open and linked data
> Date: May 22, 2014 at 12:19:14 GMT-3
> To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
>
> Dear All,
>
> Last week the the LinkedUp Project and the Commonwealth of Learning held the Making it Matter workshop in London. The aim was to bring together software developers, educators and individuals from the development community to see how they can work together by using open and linked data to support education in the developing world.
>
> We hope the event was a success - though the true measure of that will be if we build on the connections we've made and ideas we've collected!
> All slides and videos of presentations are now available online - we streamed the whole day so there are even videos of breakout group discussions
> There are a selection of photos on Flickr
> There is a storify of tweets from the day
> There's a blog post on the breakout group sessions
> Also details on event amplification of the day
> Regards
>
> Marieke
> --
> Marieke Guy
> LinkedUp Project Community Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy
> The Open Knowledge
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/ | @okfn| OKF on Facebook | Blog | Newsletter
> http://remoteworker.wordpress.com

Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe