Re: [BP - URI] First drafts about URI Design and Persistence

Thanks Newton, pls see inline below.

On 16/05/2014 04:42, Newton Calegari wrote:
> Hello DWBP,
>
> I'm following the "rule" suggested by the Laufer: The [BP - URI] label refers to the topic "URI Design and Management for Persistence" [1].

Thanks for linking from the home page too!

> At the begin of the week I've created a wiki page [1] to write our drafts about URI Design.

Thanks

  I've been editing this document with some thoughts and some texts
found about the topic. In the document I put a snippet about good and
bad pratices for persistent URIs extracted from the ''D7.1.3 - Study on
persistent URIs" document (co-authored by Phill) [2].

That is the original, formal publication, yes. A textually identical
version in HTML with fragment IDs everywhere for ease of reference is at
http://philarcher.org/diary/2013/uripersistence/

> In addition to that, I was wondering if should we merge this BP URI Doc with the "Data on the Web URI Best Practices (durip)" [3], that is the document written bu Carrasco exposing some good uses and recomendations of URIs to access data on the web. What do you think about it?

Yes, we should, thanks (which reminds me I have an action item to
contact Tomas... my next e-mail).

Also, please note that the UK work that is referenced by just about
everyone is being updated. The latest version is at

https://github.com/UKGovLD/URI-patterns-core/blob/master/URI%20Patterns%20v0.4.md

and includes some important evolutionary steps from the original.
There's a closely related doc on URIs for location at
https://github.com/UKGovLD/URI-patterns-location/blob/master/URI%20for%20Location%20v0.2.md

The main evolution is encapsulated in the diagram showing the left mid
and right hand side of the URI. It's a question of governance as much as
tech. I've been working on a related document with the EU institutions
that I think will be public soon. There's a lot of about governance in
there that I agree (and some stuff about URI design that I don't agree
with but you can't have everyone your own way in life). I'll see if and
when that's going to be shareable.

Thanks again for making a good start, Newton.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
W3C Data Activity Lead