Re: Data "on" the Web vs Data "in" the Web

Augusto,

I am interested in learning about HAL and look forward to this discussion.
 But I am a bit concerned with the way you phrase these sentences:

"There should be a way to at first publish open data resources that are
linked, but without rdf, such as in xml and json. Then, at a later date,
improve with a descriptive rdf vocabulary and expressed in rdf to become
linked open data (preferrably, if possible, keeping compatibility with
clients that implemented reading the previous non-semantic version)."

To me this reads that non-rdf methods like xml and json are accommodations
to constituents who "have not yet seen the light of RDF" and I want to
make sure we are providing best practices standards recommendations to the
world that exists rather than the "perfect world" we would like someday to
exist.

At IBM, we make software that runs on many operating systems.  Of course
we employ people with preferences for OSX, Linux, Systemz, AIX, Unix, and
even Windows.  Heck, many ATMS around the world still run on OS/2...

But because our customers run all of the above we supply them with all of
the above solutions.

Can we agree on an "all of the above" approach to DWBP (without suggesting
that everything someday becomes RDF) too?

Best Regards,

Steve

Motto: "Do First, Think, Do it Again"