Re: DPCat: Data Processing Catalogue using DPV and DCAT(-AP)

Hi Jan. Replies are inline.

On 19/04/2022 13:27, Jan Lindquist wrote:
> Great work! I have evaluated the ICO data sharing survey
> <https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/ico-codes-of-practice/data-sharing-a-code-of-practice/data-sharing-agreements/
>  > and it lines up well with the DPCat. There is one aspect that I would
> like to check. "If" sharing is rejected (and can be public) could be
> part of the record. Any views on it? Currently you have "issued".
>
> Survey question:"Reason(s) for sharing or not sharing."

I don't understand what this means. That question could not be found on
that page. In any case, dct:issued is for providing a timestamp for when
that resource was issued or created or put into operation.

> Should there also be the ability to track any updates to the record that
> need additional details like reference to previous record or a record
> id? Or is the lifecycle out of scope?

Lifecycle of documents is internal management process, and as such there
can be several different incompatible styles of how this is done and
documented. Therefore, it was out of scope for this work. DCAT does
provide guidance on how datasets can be linked and how to express their
provenance using DCT or PROV. See
https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat-2/#examples-dataset-provenance which
uses prov:wasDerivedFrom to denote previous version of record.

Regards,
Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D
Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin