W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dpvcg@w3.org > August 2018

Minutes telcon 7 Aug 2018

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 18:05:32 +0200
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org
Message-ID: <1680677.ls7RGvEtR3@nyx>
In HTML at https://edit.w3.org/2018/08/07-dpvcg-minutes.html and in plain text 
below:


                             – DRAFT –
                                 DPVCG

07 August 2018

   [2]Agenda [3]IRC log

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Aug/0000.html
      [3] https://www.w3.org/2018/08/07-dpvcg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Axel Polleres, Bert Bos, Simon Steyskal (simonstey),
          Ramisa Gachpaz Hamed, Harshvardhan Pandit (harsh), Eva
          Schlehahn (Eva_ULD), Harald Zwingelberg, Stefano
          Bocconi, Javier D. Fernández, Henrik Biering

   Regrets

   Chair
          AxelPolleres

   Scribe
          AxelPollleres, Bert, Harald

Contents

     * [4]Meeting Minutes
         1. [5]roll call, scribe selection
         2. [6]Minutes of last time
         3. [7]Actions
         4. [8]fix call-details for future calls
         5. [9]discuss F2F at MyData, how can we reach out
            broader?
         6. [10]discuss templates for use cases/requirements and
            vocabularies (what is a requirement?)
         7. [11]AOB
     * [12]Summary of Action Items

Meeting Minutes

   <AxelPollleres> Hi all!

   <harsh> Hello!

   <Ramisa> Hello

   Action: Axel to include links to IRC and minutes into the
   agenda next time

   <Harald> Notes from the DPVCG 1st telco held on August 7th,
   16:00 Brussels Time,

roll call, scribe selection

   Stefano introduces himself.

   <AxelPollleres> Stefano, WAAG works on a European project
   around Blockchain.

   <stefano> [13]http://www.decode.eu/

     [13] http://www.decode.eu/

   <stefano> sorry wrong link due to slow internet

   <Harald> Goal: Contribute to joint aim with ideas for
   standardisation around data protection / privacy in the field
   of infomed consent.

   <Ramisa> [14]https://www.w3.org/2018/07/
   23-dpvcg-minutes.html#meeting

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2018/07/23-dpvcg-minutes.html#meeting

   <stefano> the correct one is [15]https://decodeproject.eu/

     [15] https://decodeproject.eu/

   AxelPollleres summarizes the group's goals, gives pointers.

   <AxelPollleres> minutes from last time [16]https://
   lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Jul/0008.html

     [16] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Jul/0008.html

   <Harald> Axel: Introduction to this cal. Minutes from the last
   call are in the wWiki (link above).

   user page [17]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
   User:Apollere2

     [17] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/User:Apollere2

   Individual introductions: There had been a ToDo for all to
   introduce themselves in the Wiki. A page is automatically
   created for every user upon login.

   Axel: Please, add something about yourself on your wiki profile
   page.

Minutes of last time

   Axel: comments on the minutes?

   Eva_ULD: A question about the wiki:
   … I saw new use cases. How do I make a sub-page?

   group home page [18]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/

     [18] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/

   Axel: Let's talk about that at the agenda topic on use cases.

   [19]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/

Actions

   Axel: Have action points been closed already?

   ACTION-3 continued

   <trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-3 Clarify which github space
   we can use W3C's github space or if we need something else.

   <harsh> question: do we mark our assigned actions as closed by
   ourselves or review them in meetings before closing?

   Axel: See the tracker.

   ACTION-4 done

   <trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-4 Draft a page afor ORDL.

   action-4?

   <trackbot> action-4 -- Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel to Draft a page
   afor ORDL -- due 2018-08-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   actions/4

     [20] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/4

   <simonstey> [21]https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

   close ACTION-4

   <trackbot> Closed ACTION-4.

   Close ACTION-5

   <trackbot> Closed ACTION-5.

   Bert: I added some pages for action-7, but not done yet.

   Action-8, Additions done by Axel, but there could be more, so
   not closing the action yet.

   Axel: action-8 not done yet.

fix call-details for future calls

   <AxelPollleres> Agenda: 1) fix call-details for future calls:

   Axel: We have a WebEx reservation.

   [22]call-in info

     [22] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/internal-dpvcg/2018Aug/
0000.html

   we have permanent Webex which is accessible as per the link put
   in by Bert.

   link is accessible to group members through the W3C account,

   Bert: current telcon schedule is every two weeks, Can change
   that if we want.

   Currrently set up for biweekly on Tuesdays at 16:00.

   Axel: Schedule seems OK.

discuss F2F at MyData, how can we reach out broader?

   MyData conference: No contact has been established yet.

   who plans to be at Mydata?

   Axel: I still have to contact the conf. org. to get a room. But
   who is planning to come?

   Harald: I plan to come to our session, but not the whole
   conference.

   One slot with interoperability as the main content planned.

   Axel: Idea is to present the group at the conf. But the conf.
   itself is also interesting, normally.

   Harald: If there are very few people, maybe I won't come.
   … What is the date, exactly?

   Session Aug 30th. 10:00-11:15

   My data session is at August 30, 10:00am-11:15 Eastern Europ
   Time (Helsinki) [23]https://mydata2018.org/sessions/
   semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/

     [23] https://mydata2018.org/sessions/semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/

   Axel: I can try to organize a meeting after that session.

   Session Thursday, Aug 30th. 10:00-11:15 (Helsinki-time!) Maybe
   a call can be organized a call later that day for those people
   unable to attend.

   Axel: If not on that day, then maybe a call on Friday morning.

   Action: Axel to organize a call later on 30th after the mydata
   session or on Friday morning to sync with people jooining
   through the conference.... will contact organizers.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-10 - Organize a call later on 30th
   after the mydata session or on friday morning to sync with
   people jooining through the conference.... will contact
   organizers. [on Axel Polleres - due 2018-08-14].

discuss templates for use cases/requirements and vocabularies (what
is a requirement?)

   Axel: Any more industry links?

   Eva sent around the link to industry partners, Harald
   advertised in a German Big Data Project.

   Harald: Looked at legal experts in big data, nobody joined so
   far.

   Axel: Can maybe reach out to industrial data spaces project and
   another Austrian Big Data project (DMA).

   Action: Axel to reach out to industrial data spaces project
   (Germany) and another Austrian Big Data project (DMA).

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to
   Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   Harald reached out to German group of Big Data experts. Will
   reach out to further data protection people.

   requirements and vocabularies (what is a
   requirement?)//requirements and vocabularies

   <harsh> [24]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
   Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies#Requirements

     [24] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies#Requirements

   [25]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
   Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies

     [25] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies

   Axel: Templates have been made in our wiki.
   … Some vocabularies have been created already.
   … Harsh made the templates.

   Comments by Eva on the templates: As for the use case add a
   number and title for better strcture. Maybe allow for sub-use
   cases.

   Eva_ULD: The use cases template could be even more structured.
   Maybe an identifier or number, a title, a list of
   sub-pages/sub-categories.
   … also actors and components of the use case.

   Eva_ULD: Besides use case overview a section on actors may be
   useful. Eva may send around her suggestions to the mailing
   list.
   … I can send my suggestions to the mailing list.

   <simonstey> [26]https://www.w3.org/2016/poe/wiki/
   Use_Cases#Use_Case_Template what about that template?

     [26] https://www.w3.org/2016/poe/wiki/Use_Cases#Use_Case_Template

   Eva_ULD: The requirements template: do we need to differnetiate
   categories of requirements, such as legal or technical.

   Eva_ULD: Should we differentiate between types of conferences
   (legal, functional, technical, interoperability?). Axel so far
   intentionally went for a slim appraoch.

   <simonstey> this for requirements [27]https://www.w3.org/2016/
   poe/wiki/
   Requirements#NOTES_on_discussing_and_approving_requirements ?

     [27] https://www.w3.org/2016/poe/wiki/
Requirements#NOTES_on_discussing_and_approving_requirements

   Axel: I put what we had in the workshop, but we should discuss,
   today, what we need exactly.
   … We want to have various taxonomies.
   … The final requirements from the workshop were not very clear.

   Eva_ULD: The requirements may influence the descriptions of the
   use cases.
   … If we do use cases first, we may need to rewrite them later.

   Axel: I'm not sure if the uses cases need to be so central.
   … We can say that people should suggest requirements by e-mail
   before the next telcon.

   Harald: Or in the wiki, but noted as "not yet voted on"

   Axel: We all work on use cases. Just collect what is out there,
   e.g. to understand the mind set and interests of the other
   group members.

   Axel: I'm interested in what the people in the group are
   working on.

   Axel: Is it OK that we leave those that are there now, and send
   suggestions by mail?

   Eva_ULD: OK.

   Action: all to suggest/propose additional Requirements on the
   mailing list (and mark them as "to be discussed")

   <trackbot> Error finding 'all'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[28]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   users>.

     [28] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.

   Eva_ULD: More people will see them on the mailing list.

   In general. whenever you add something new to the wiki, annouce
   it on the mailinglist.

   Whenever something is edited and added new please announce it
   to the group via e-mail

   simonstey: To respond to Eva_ULD:
   … I agree to do requirements first, before use cases. But every
   requirements should have a use case.
   … Other wise the requirement isn't really required.
   … After the workshop, we already have some use cases.
   … I posted two links above with templates.
   … I recommend we follow those.
   … Implies that every requirement has a use case.

   Axel: Coverage list for all requirements?

   simonstey: Requirements are linked to uses cases they come
   from, and eventually also linked to the solution.

   Axel: The current list of requirements is just the list of
   goals from the workshop.

   simonstey: We may need a categorization of requirements.
   … Different levels, different parts of the process. But maybe
   categorize them when we have more.

   Axel: We need better starting points than the current list.
   simonstey, can you start on a template for requirements?

   simonstey: The template is not very long.

   Action: Eva_ULD to look over use cases template

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Eva_ULD'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[29]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   users>.

     [29] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.

   Eva_ULD: I can send some suggestions for the requirements
   template to the mailing list, too.

   Action: simonstey to look over requirements template

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-12 - Look over requirements template
   [on Simon Steyskal - due 2018-08-14].

   Axel: Who has more use cases? stefano?

   stefano: I plan to add my use case.

   Action: stefano to propose use case(s) for the Decode project

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Propose use case(s) for the
   decode project [on Stefano Bocconi - due 2018-08-14].

   Axel: We have quite a list of vocabularies already.
   … Can people align them with the template?

   [30]vocabulary template

     [30] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Template_for_vocabularies

   Axel: Try to make cross-references to requirements and use
   cases.

   Action: all who proposed vocabularies to align them to the
   template

   <trackbot> Error finding 'all'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[31]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   users>.

     [31] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.

   Axel: Asking contributors of vocabularies to align them to the
   template, timeframe: until next telco.

   <harsh> Also will do for Data Protection ontology by Bartolini
   et. al.

   Harsh will look into GDPRov, PDPRTEXT, PROV-O, PPLAN,

   we leave ODRL with Victor for now.

   <harsh> +1

   Stefane will look at P3P ...

   Harsh will look into DPO

   Axel: P3P has a few terms, I put some links already.

   DPO = data protection ontology

   Action: Axel to ask Hendrik for edition IEEE 7012

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to
   Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   <harsh> Apologies, my mic wasn't on. My query was: P3P has lots
   of criticisms directed at it. Should these also be part of the
   vocabulary description on the wiki

   Javier: I can work on SPLOG.
   … The others can maybe be put together under usage-policy

   Javier can do SPLOG, and unify other SPECIAL vocabs.

AOB

   Axel: Asking for any other business....

   one call before MyData conference. Goal for next call, see what
   to present and discuss in Helsinki.

   Axel: My goal is to have some things on the wiki, so we can
   present somethig at MyData.
   … we have one more call before then.
   … Also, if you have topics to discuss, send them to the mailing
   list.

   adjourned , hear you in two weeks

   <Ramisa> Thanks

   <stefano> thanks, bye

   Thanks all!

Summary of Action Items

    1. [32]Axel to include links to IRC and minutes into the
       agenda next time
    2. [33]Axel to organize a call later on 30th after the mydata
       session or on Friday morning to sync with people jooining
       through the conference.... will contact organizers.
    3. [34]Axel to reach out to industrial data spaces project
       (Germany) and another Austrian Big Data project (DMA).
    4. [35]all to suggest/propose additional Requirements on the
       mailing list (and mark them as "to be discussed")
    5. [36]Eva_ULD to look over use cases template
    6. [37]simonstey to look over requirements template
    7. [38]stefano to propose use case(s) for the Decode project
    8. [39]all who proposed vocabularies to align them to the
       template
    9. [40]Axel to ask Hendrik for edition IEEE 7012


    Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's [41]scribe.perl version 2.41
    (2018/03/23 13:13:49), a reimplementation of David Booth's
    [42]scribe.perl. See [43]CVS log.

     [41] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe2/scribedoc.html
     [42] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [43] https://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe2/




Bert
-- 
  Bert Bos                                ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos                               W3C/ERCIM
  bert@w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
  +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France

Received on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 16:05:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:27:54 UTC