W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dpvcg@w3.org > July 2018

Minutes 2018-07-23 telcon

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:53:18 +0200
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org
Message-ID: <2642638.acyVbLmyiT@nyx>
See https://www.w3.org/2018/07/23-dpvcg-minutes.html and below in plain 
text:




   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             – DRAFT –
                                 DPVCG

23 July 2018

   [2]IRC log

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2018/07/23-dpvcg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Axel Polleres, Bert Bos, Eva Schlehahn, Harshvardhan J.
          Pandit, Iliana Petrova, Michael Markevich, Ramisa Hamed,
          Simon Steyskal, Uros Milosevic, Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel

   Regrets

   Chair
          Axel

   Scribe
          simonstey

Contents

     * [3]Meeting Minutes
         1. [4]introduction
         2. [5]introductions
         3. [6]workshop recap
         4. [7]next steps
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions

Meeting Minutes

   <victor> I would rather not doing. It is 01.10 in Melbourne and
   I am too tired, I would make many mistakes

introduction

   AxelPollleres: agenda is in the email I sent
   … please go on the website of the cg, there you find links to
   additional tools

   Bert: at the bottom you find the links
   … using IRC is quite handy to use for meetings

   <AxelPollleres> IRC server is irc.w3.org

   Bert: you don't need a dedicated IRC client, just use
   irc.w3.org
   … we also use wiki

   <harsh> Wiki link: [10]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
   Main_Page

     [10] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Main_Page

   Bert: you can log in with your w3c credentials
   … there's also an issue tracker with irc integration, we can
   use
   … we have a public mailing list, as well as few others

   <AxelPollleres> simonstey: webex credentials sent on public
   mailinglist may be a security issue for bots.

   <AxelPollleres> bert: have to think about what we do for a
   regular webex call.

   AxelPollleres: for those who are new to the w3c infrastructure,
   just ask

   AxelPollleres: if we produce documents on top of just the wiki,
   I would suggest we do that on github

   <AxelPollleres> proposed: use github for versioning documents?

   +1

   <UrosMilosevic> +1

   <harsh> +1 use Github

   <AxelPollleres> +1

   <Bert> +1

   in w3c space?

   <Ramisa> +1

   Bert: w3c space is technically possible, but usually it's for
   WGs only

   victor: wiki is easier to comprehend/use

   Action: Bert clarify which github space we can use W3C's github
   space or if we need something else

   Bert: I can ask if we can have a place at w3c's github

introductions

   Action: Bert clarify which github space we can use W3C's github
   space or if we need something else

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: data field(s) missing from
   result. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   AxelPollleres: Vienna University of Economics & Business,
   co-chaired SPARQL WG in the past, also part of an EU project
   called SPECIAL

   <AxelPollleres> +?

   UrosMilosevic: Semantic Technology Architect at TenForce,
   Belgium service provider
   … also involved in the SPECIAL project

   victor: works for UPM, research visit @ melbourne, was part of
   ODRL WG, running european project on legal informatics

   harsh: PhD @ Trinity, GDPR compliance from the angle of
   provenance

   <AxelPollleres> Simonstey: also Vienna university & Business,
   PhD student, involved in SHACL and ORDL WGs, working also in
   JSON-LD wg, also working at Siemens Austria

   Ramisa: PhD @ trinity, privacy preserving personalization, also
   participated in privacy workshop

   Bert: working on several w3c working groups in the past, also
   involved in the SPECIAL project

   Eva: legal expert working on data protection related research
   projects
   … advising on how to build software that is compliant with GDPR

   AxelPollleres: if you log into the wiki

   <AxelPollleres> [11]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/

     [11] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/

   <AxelPollleres> [12]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
   User:Apollere2

     [12] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/User:Apollere2

   AxelPollleres: it's asking you for a login, and there you can
   add some personal information

   Action: all to edit their user profile on wiki

   <trackbot> Error finding 'all'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[13]http://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   users>.

     [13] http://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.

   AxelPollleres: please everybody add some personal information
   about yourself

   [14]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/User:Apollere2

     [14] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/User:Apollere2

workshop recap

   AxelPollleres: I was also not there in person

   <Bert> [15]Report of the workshop on Data Privacy Controls and
   Vocabularies

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2018/vocabws/report.html

   Bert: workshop organized by SPECIAL project and w3c in April
   … what technologies exist for privacy
   … see what needs to be standardized and what not
   … determine priorities for next steps
   … first session was about things like how to express
   trust/access rights; identifiers; ODRL
   … another session was about use cases in industry
   … last session was about academic research
   … modelling time, what about policies that change over time
   … scientific datasets
   … risks of collecting/combining/linking data
   … we came up with 8 particular tasks
   … ranked according to priority

   <AxelPollleres> GDPR terms...should also be part of a
   vocabulary,

   Bert: number 1 point was defining a privacy vocabulary

   <AxelPollleres> taxonomy of purposes, taxonomy of perosnal
   data, log data, linkage

   <AxelPollleres> human behaviour.

   Taxonomy of regulatory privacy terms (including all GDPR
   terms). Taxonomy for personal data. Taxonomy of purposes.
   Taxonomy of disclosure. Metadata related to the details of
   anonymisation. Log vocabulary. Taxonomy of linkage operations.
   Taxonomies of human behavior.

   <Eva_S__ULD_> (webEx is having network problems, trying to
   re-connect)

   michael_markevich: doing security & privacy @ Opera software
   … just became AC rep for Opera
   … as we deal with privacy at large scale, we are def.
   interested in contributing to this cg

   AxelPollleres: what we want as deliverables of that CG, is at
   least a list of requirements
   … and use cases for such vocabularies
   … the agenda we have drafted so far, can be found on the
   starting page of the cg
   … we are still in the consolidating phase of the group
   … we wanted to "officially" start in August at the mydata
   conference
   … were we'll have our first f2f meeting, there might be a
   possibility for another f2f meeting in october
   … at mydata there's a session on (??)
   … anyone planning to join those conferences?

   <Ramisa> maybe

   <AxelPollleres> Axel: anybody planning to join Mydata?

   <AxelPollleres> ... or BDVA?

   AxelPollleres: we can start with using the wiki to collect some
   starting points
   … any comments welcome

   AxelPollleres: if you have certain use cases, please create a
   wiki page for those and send a link to the list

   <harsh> Create section for Use-cases on Wiki ?

   AxelPollleres: anybody volunteering for creating a draft
   structure for use cases we can use?
   … for vocabularies, maybe victor you could start adding some
   bits and pieces for ODRL?

   victor: yes!

   Action: draft a page afor ORDL

   <trackbot> Error finding 'draft'. You can review and register
   nicknames at <[16]http://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
   users>.

     [16] http://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.

   <harsh> GDPRtEXT vocabulary

   Action: harsh to draft a page about GDPRtext

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: data field(s) missing from
   result. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   Action: Michael to draft something about Opera use case(s)

   <trackbot> 'Michael' is an ambiguous username. Please try a
   different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g.,
   mmarkevich, mpetyx).

   <victor> There was a very old list of vocabularies

   <victor> [17]https://www.w3.org/Policy/pling/wiki/
   PolicyLangReview

     [17] https://www.w3.org/Policy/pling/wiki/PolicyLangReview

   victor: very very old review of policy languages that might be
   of interest

   Action: Bert to add some overview of SPECIAL use case(s)

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: data field(s) missing from
   result. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   <victor> (very very old = 10 years)

   Action: Axel to add some more starting point vocabulary stubs

   <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: data field(s) missing from
   result. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
   happened.

   AxelPollleres: if you work on some project, please tell us
   about potentially relevant use cases

next steps

   <Eva_S__ULD_> (sorry for not being able to say anthing atm, it
   seems WebEx does not like my PC today :( )

   AxelPollleres: next time we want to discuss our inputs

   <Eva_S__ULD_> (on-and-off connection all the time)

   <victor> (neutral)

   <harsh> poll for regular call slot sounds good

   <Eva_S__ULD_> Yes a poll would be great

   AxelPollleres: we have to think about how to get more people on
   board
   … more people from industry would be nice, please advertise!

   <victor> +1

   <Bert> +1

   <AxelPollleres> next call in two weeks?

   <harsh> +!

   AxelPollleres: we should have at least one more call before
   mydata

   <Ramisa> +1

   <AxelPollleres> +1

   <Eva_S__ULD_> +1

   AxelPollleres: in 2 weeks?

   +1

   ... 6.8 16:00 CEST?

   <AxelPollleres> proposed: next call 6 august 16:00 CEST

   <AxelPollleres> +1

   +1

   <harsh> +1

   <Ramisa> 6th is holiday in Ireland

   <Ramisa> +1

   <victor> +1

   <harsh> +1 7 TUE

   <AxelPollleres> Would Tuesday 7 August 16:00 work better?

   AxelPollleres: what about tuesday then?

   <AxelPollleres> +1

   Resolved: next call Tuesday 7 August 16:00 CEST

   <harsh> Announce on email list?

   <victor> thanks! have a nice day!

   <AxelPollleres> any further questions?

   AxelPollleres: please announce your contributions to the wiki
   to the mailing list

   <Ramisa> Thanks.

   <harsh> Thanks.

   <Eva_S__ULD_> Noted the date/time for the next call and hoping
   that WebEx works then

   <AxelPollleres> rrsagent make minutes public

   <AxelPollleres> thanks!

   <AxelPollleres> Bert, I guess the ra minutes need a while to
   become visible?

   <Bert> Yes, can take a minute or so.

   <Eva_S__ULD_> thanks everyone, bye

   <AxelPollleres> thanks!@

Summary of Action Items

    1. [18]Bert clarify which github space we can use W3C's github
       space or if we need something else
    2. [19]Bert clarify which github space we can use W3C's github
       space or if we need something else
    3. [20]all to edit their user profile on wiki
    4. [21]draft a page afor ORDL
    5. [22]harsh to draft a page about GDPRtext
    6. [23]Michael to draft something about Opera use case(s)
    7. [24]Bert to add some overview of SPECIAL use case(s)
    8. [25]Axel to add some more starting point vocabulary stubs

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [26]next call Tuesday 7 August 16:00 CEST


    Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's [27]scribe.perl version 2.41
    (2018/03/23 13:13:49), a reimplementation of David Booth's
    [28]scribe.perl. See [29]CVS log.

     [27] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe2/scribedoc.html
     [28] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] https://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe2/


-- 
  Bert Bos                                ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos                               W3C/ERCIM
  bert@w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
  +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France

Received on Monday, 23 July 2018 16:53:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:27:54 UTC