Re: Proposal for a domain

Hi Don
thanks for assisting

I do believe we should try to understand, analyse and define the various
terms, as to use them properly and objectively, ie to create a term of
reference that is acceptable by all as opposed to our subjective preferred
views.

I am not sure my brief description was complete nor accurate, just a
reminder of some of the conversations we had so far on various forums,
somewhere to start from..

(The tsunami was first and emergency and became a disaster
I do not intend to make polemics, but the warning systems wer not in place,
or were not fired, etc, this is why the emergency became a disaser, there
were 2 hours to evacuate etc etc - just examples,)

My  opinion on the state of the disaster mangement sector unfortunately, is
shared by many, who have suffered inefficiencies that could be avoided that
appear deliberatelly built into the system to create business opportunities
for some, at the expenses of others.

some public references here

http://www.transparency.org/content/download/6474/38543/file/working_paper_humanitarian_aid.pdf

 It is a painful, uncomfortable issue that need to be faced sooner or later.

I ll make it a point to expand the proposed draft mission statement to cover
these points when I have a mo

thanks
PDM.

--