From: B

ill Kasdorf [mailto:bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:29 AM
To: Olaf Drümmer
Cc: Bill McCoy; Robin Berjon; W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: RE: Best citation format for accessibility

You make a valid point; the "just read it and figure it out" approach is
certainly one strategy, though I still think being able to distinguish the
semantic components of a citation would be useful (there are typographic
cues for a sighted user—quotation marks, italics, bold journal abbreviation,
etc.). So I presume you're suggesting, that, for accessibility purposes, it
would be sufficient for a screen reader to simply know that something is a
citation and then be able to "read" it to the user? In that case I still
think they need to know how to obtain the cited resource, so at least the
link has to be accessible in itself.