From: Bill Kasdorf [mailto:bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 10:28 AM
To: Karen Myers; Markus Gylling
Cc: 'W3C Digital Publishing IG'
Subject: RE: [DPUB] agenda 20150622

In case something from me/Apex might be useful to you:

While many remain skeptical of the extent to which MathML has been
implemented in practical contexts, we at Apex can confirm the exact
opposite. MathML has long been an essential feature of the toolset by which
we serve leading STEM publishers and organizations. We have been encoding
math in MathML for clients like the American Mathematical Society for over a
decade, and it is one of the keys to the highly automated workflow we
recently put in place for PLOS, the world's largest journal. The adoption of
MathML as an ISO standard will go a long way toward raising its profile and
ensuring its broad adoption across the publishing ecosystem.
--Bill Kasdorf, VP-Content Solutions, Apex CoVantage