Re: [html media capture] CfC to adopt HTML Media Capture Security/Privacy section non-normative proposal; deadline 22 May 2014.

On 15 May 2014, at 21:17, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus to  change the Security and Privacy considerations section of  HTML Media Capture as detailed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0008.html
>
> Please respond to this CfC on the public list indicating support or any concern with the change (even a +1 in support is helpful). No response will be taken as signifying  agreement.
>
> Please respond by next Thursday, 22 May 2014.
>
> Once this CfC is approved we will update the draft and test cases accordingly.

I’ve update the draft with Frederick’s suggested changes:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/camera/Overview.src.html.diff?r1=1.5;r2=1.6;f=h

Frederick - thanks for your suggestion for the rewording.

Here’s the updated, now non-normative, Security and privacy considerations section:

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#security

I also informed Zhiqiang, and asked him to update the PR and remove corresponding tests:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/306#issuecomment-43872252

Please let us know if there are any concerns with this change, but please note the CfC ends today.