Re: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Josh Soref <jsoref@rim.com> wrote:
> Kyle wrote:
>> This is not what Josh is proposing ....
>
> Indeed
>
> I should probably have included a pipe between my icon and the browse text.
>
> A more complicated button plus a description to make Vivek happy:
>  [ 📷 Take Picture    |v]
>  Use front Camera   |
>  Use mini Camera    |
>  Use phone Camera   |
>  Select from Gallery|
>     Browse...       |
>
> Where clicking on the 'v' would show a menu listing Browse... and other things. The exact text should be discussed with Linguists and UI designers, and is merely to show that there are other possibilities instead of having an intermediate dialog.

 What I was thinking of allowing a 'value' attribute to file input
similar to one in submit type input. The text set to value' attribute
is what is displayed, in place of 'Browse'. But I am not fully sure if
this suggestion is in scope of this working group.

regards
Vivek