From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Roessler
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 08:25 AM
To: Max Froumentin
Cc: Thomas Roessler; public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: CPU API (Re: [sysinfo] draft ready for review)

A few comments:

- What's our use case for inquiring about CPU frequency?
- What's our use case for *setting* CPU frequency from a Web application?
- CPU load (and detailed power consumption along with it) can be a data leak.  I'd like the spec to be clear that this value will generally be an average taken over time, and I'd like the spec to caution against just making this information available.

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>