RE: Contacts API typical use cases and privacy considerations

Hi Max,

On Feb 23, 2010 at 09:53, Max Froumentin [maxfro@opera.com] wrote:

> On 19/02/2010 18:59, richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps we need to be more formal on this approach in the methods
> >> and/or 'Security and Privacy Considerations'? My initial
> reaction is
> >> that we don't.
>
> I think we do need to be more formal, on the contrary, since
> user interaction experts will have different opinions and
> browser vendors will want to differentiate their product.
>
> So instead I think it's better being formal in the
> specification, with statements such as "The broker MUST offer
> to restrict the a subset of the contacts to share", etc.

I will work on some more requirements to this effect and update the
mailing list when complete.

I'd really like to ultimately move towards testable assertions in the
recommendation.

Thanks,

Richard

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.