Re: Contacts API typical use cases and privacy considerations

From: Max Froumentin <maxfro@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:52:43 +0100
To: richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com
CC: dom@w3.org, public-device-apis@w3.org
On 19/02/2010 18:59, richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

>> Perhaps we need to be more formal on this approach in the
>> methods and/or 'Security and Privacy Considerations'? My
>> initial reaction is that we don't.

I think we do need to be more formal, on the contrary, since user
interaction experts will have different opinions and browser vendors
will want to differentiate their product.

So instead I think it's better being formal in the specification, with
statements such as "The broker MUST offer to restrict the a subset of
the contacts to share", etc.

Max.