De: Max Froumentin [mailto:maxfro@opera.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 21 de diciembre de 2009 14:30
Para: JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA
CC: public-device-apis@w3.org; public-uwa@w3.org
Asunto: Re: [sysinfo] draft ready for review

On 21/12/2009 13:10, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the spec looks good but my concern is that you are duplicating the
> work already done in the Delivery Context Ontology specification.
>
> I think it is needed to have cross-reference between this API and the
> DCO specification whenever possible, in order to have a normative
> definition of each property in only one specification

I think that this specification rather selects a few properties, which
you should be able to find in the much more exhaustive DCO
specification, and incorporates them into a self-contained document,
IMHO following the simplicity principle mentioned in the charter of this
WG.

As noted in an issue of the draft, we need to map its properties to
DCO's, if possible, and perhaps add that the other properties from DCO
can be used in get/set/watch, if corresponding callback objects are
defined. Perhaps you can help with that. Just now I looked for where in
DCO is the CPU's current frequency but couldn't find it, so I obviously
need assistance.

Max.