Re: First stab at the Capture API (aka Camera API)

ext Tran, Dzung D wrote:
> If you meant are "white balance" and "resolution" basic functions in
>  photography, then the answer is "YES"

I think the question is whether it should be the native camera
application or the API which provides the means to configure these settings.

To keep things simple in v1.0 most of the configuration could happen
through UI in native side. Resolution (and quality) setting is a special
case in a sense that it affects directly to the file size. Following
could happen more often if there is no way of hinting the preffered
resolution in the API.

  - A widget allows user to set profile picture, max resolution is
    640x480
  - Native camera has the default resolution of 1600x1200
  - User doesn't change resolution and takes the profile image
  - Widget uploads the image to server
  - Server shrinks the image -> Bandwith wasted.

          -ilkka