Re: proposed set of SHACL tests

> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for playing with the test framework. I am still catching up on a number
> of fronts and may not have time to look into the details this week. A quick
> scan through your results indicates
>
> - My current test framework also validates the shape definitions. A symptom of
> this is that, for example, values of sh:class are expected to be instances of
> rdfs:Class. The idea in my API is that this schema-level testing can be
> switched off using the "filtered" argument of
> ModelConstraintValidator.validateModel. ValueTestClass calls this with false,
> i.e. everything will be validated including shapes.

The problem is that these results look just like data validation results,
which is problematic in my view.

> - Inferencing is switched off by default, as defined by the spec. So you
> should not expect rdfs:range and rdfs:domain to impact validation.

Well that was my expectation.  However it does not appear to be the case.  In
particular, the use of a node as the target of an rdf:type link appears to
make the node be an instance of rdfs:Class.