Re: ISSUE-95: Template Simplifications

>> On 10/28/2015 10:29 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>>> On 10/29/2015 14:14, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> [...]
>>> What modifications are required? I had explained how these are invoked in 7.6
>> Well then I don't understand how 7.6 is supposed to work.
>>
>> It appears to me that somehow the body of the node validation function is
>> going to have to be modified and injected into the generated SPARQL query, so
>> that !{validationFunction} can be executed.
>
> Take the node validation function sh:hasDatatype as an example. The call would
> become
>
>     FILTER (!sh:hasDatatype(?object, $datatype)) .
>
> i.e. no difficult SPARQL manipulation would be required.
>
> Holger

So instead of code injection this requires the ability to call not just
functions that have been implemented in the engine beforehand, but also the
ability to call functions that are constructed on the fly?

I suppose that this does get away from SPARQL manipulation here, but
on-the-fly function generation doesn't seem to be a common facility in SPARQL
engines.