Re: shapes-ISSUE-50 (presentation requirements): Presentations to the working group

Hi Peter,

I agree with you that it is preferable to have meeting material be shared
prior to the meetings but I don't think it's reasonable to make this an
absolute requirement.

While I didn't expect Jose to have put together a presentation and I grant
you that it wasn't easy to get all the details in such a quick run through
I still think we were better off with the slides than without and I don't
think it was a waste of time. I'm thankful to Jose for having taken the
time to put these together to try and help us move forward on the test
suite.

As for the rest, I agree with you but would point out that the link to
Jose's slides is in the log and will therefore be in the minutes. That
should be enough from a recording point of view. If anyone wants to add it
to the wiki more prominently they can certainly do that. I'd say it's a
good practice to add this type of links to the agenda in the appropriate
location when they are used in a meeting.

Overall, I'm rather surprised you think this is worth creating a formal
issue in tracker. The overhead this implies is quite significant for
something that, in my opinion, merely amounts to establishing good
practices. I would hope that this email exchange would suffice.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies -
IBM Software Group

<sysbot+tracker@w3.org>