Re: On the inevitability of SPARQL/SPIN for SHAQL

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Irene Polikoff <irene@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> <Because "SPARQL queries cannot easily be inspected and understood, either
> by human beings or by machines, to uncover the constraints that are to be
> respected". [1]>
>
> I believe this has already been addressed by SHACL.

Not if we don't have a set of well defined constructs with a clear
semantics and we limit SHACL to have a single "template" construct where we
can put any SPARQL code.

> Further, at this point, we should be working from requirements, not from
> the workshop results. The working group supersedes previous requirements
> work by either turning whatever has been said before its start into its set
> of accepted requirements or not.
>
> If you think there is a missing requirement, propose it. Then, it could be
> reviewed, shared understanding formed, accepted and the solution evaluated
> against it.

There is no missing requirement. The requirement has already been approved.
See [1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/Requirements#Higher-Level_Language

--