Re: using classes to control constraints

I am still failing to see a sufficient distinction. Especially since, as
you say, languages where  a definition can be both a class and a shape are
possible and exist. I would also add desirable to possible.

<What would it mean to assert that an object belongs to a ShExC shape via an
rdf:type link?>

Why is this question relevant? We are not standardizing ShExC but creating
a new standard.

If you want to point out that there are some languages where classes and
shapes must be disjoint, I am sure it is possible to define such language
and ShExC may be an example of one. [I don't know if it is].

Irene