Re: [css-writing-modes-3] [css-inline-3] Need for new Ahem font version with addition of 1 glyph with Vertical_Orientation property set to U

Le 2016-08-09 16:01, Myles C. Maxfield a écrit :
> Alright, I believe this is fixed now. I’ve tested it on Firefox on Mac
> & Windows, Chrome on Mac & Windows, Safari on Mac, and Edge on
> Windows.
>
> Please let me know how it works for you!
>
> Thanks,
> Myles

Myles,

Thank you for working on this request: this is very much appreciated.

Initial test page on the new Ahem font (2016):
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/Ahem2016TestPage.html

I am using Linux 3.13.0-92-generic x86_64, KDE: 4.13.3, Kubuntu 14.04.4
LTS (trusty) with Firefox 48 buildID=20160728204513 and Chrome
52.0.2743.116.

The vertical stripe glyph and horizontal stripe glyph do *not* appear to
be centered.

You wrote:
> The name of the font is still Ahem, so it probably isn’t possible to
> install both
> this font and the old font at the same time.

Indeed, it is not possible to install both this font and the old font at
the same time. So, I wonder if we should not filename-rename this font
to Ahem2016.ttf . That way, we would be sure of the capability of such
font. If we later need another version (say, for testing
text-combine-upright or ruby or some other features), then we could use
another filename by appending the year date.

You wrote:
> For the vertical and horizontal stripes, I purposely placed them
> off-center so
> you could tell if the glyph is rotated 180°.

If vertical stripe glyph and horizontal stripe glyph are not centered,
then I still may not be able to verify if 'text-orientation: mixed'
glyphs are centrally baseline-aligned. Myles, the test at the source of
my request for a more powerful, versatile, writing-mode-oriented version
of the Ahem font is:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BugzillaSection/Bug1289015-glyphs-central-baseline-alignment.html

Load such test in Firefox and Chrome to see and understand the
difference.

Knowing if the glyph has been rotated 180degrees may be useful...
although I can not see where or how or in which manner right now...

Gérard

--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines