Re: [css-page] Issue with at-page-rule-001

Le 2015-05-20 23:08, Toru Kawakubo a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am confused with 'at-page-rule-001' in CSS2.1 test suite.
> Is it correct?
>
> Test case:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/blob/master/css21/page-box/at-page-rule-001.xht

[src]
http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/page-box/at-page-rule-001.xht

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/at-page-rule-001.htm

> The description assumes that the cascaded value of margin-top is 50%.

It is not perfectly clear what "exact center of this page" means.

I do not believe that the cascaded value of margin-top should be 50%. I
believe the cascaded value of margin-top should be 0.

> In my understanding, however, following the rules for handling
> malformed declarations [1],
> 'margin-top: 0;' in the second @page rule is effective.

I agree with you:

line 17:    @page {
line 18:      @media print { }
line 19:      margin-top: 0;
     }

Assuming the media at-rule is ignored, then margin-top: 0 should apply.

> I found an old post pointing out the same issue [2].
>
> What is the original intention?
> If it needs to be fixed and the problem is clarified, I am happy to
> fix it and create a pull request.

The test needs to clarify what is meant by "the exact center of this
page".

> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2/page.html#page-box
> [2]
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2011Feb/0063.html

Here's a reduced and modified version of that test:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/at-page-rule-001-GT.xht

Firefox 38 passes this test.

Chrome 43.0.2357.65 and Opera 12.16 fail this test. I do not know for
IE11.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates