Re: flags="combo" breaks test harness (was Re: Test harness results page does not show all results for Writing Modes from today

Le 2015-05-10 22:49, Koji Ishii a écrit :
> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 1, 2015, at 14:40, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The results page for Writing Modes[1] stops at the middle of 5.1
>> text-orientation. In the view/source I can see the last text is:
>>
>> <strong>WARNING: </strong>Invalid argument supplied for
>>
>> I suppose this is because of the text-orientation-script-r.html test I
>> updated last night, but can't figure out what causes this error.
>>
>> Peter, could you take a look and let me know what's wrong with the
>> test?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://test.csswg.org/harness/results/css-writing-modes-3_dev/grouped/
>>

>> Self following. I guess the test harness does not like
>> flags=“combo”[1]. I
>> removed two tests that use this flag, and will see how the next
>> nightly
>> build goes.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/css-metadata.html#requirement-flags
>
> I submitted another flags="combo" test and confirmed "Invalid argument
> supplied for foreach()" reproduces, so removed the test.
>
> Looks like the flags="combo" is the cause.
>
> /koji

Koji,

I'd like to help but...

- what is(are) the test(s)' URL that have such problems?

Those tests must be in this record set

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/name/text-orientation-script/

possibly

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/text-orientation-script-001/name/text-orientation-script/

and

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/text-orientation-script-002/name/text-orientation-script/

- I do not see any possible relationship between "combo" flag and
javascript function foreach() .

- javascript is case-sensitive; forEach() is an attribute of array in
ECMA6:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/forEach

------

In
text-orientation-script-001
and in
text-orientation-script-002

line 6: <meta name="flags" content="dom font combo">

should be

line 6: <meta name="flags" content="combo dom font">

It is preferred to have flags ordered in alphabetical order. The
previous version of the documentation was stating this. Anyway... this
minor thing should not trigger a "Invalid argument supplied for
foreach()" warning .

------

There is *_no_* foreach() function in
http://test.csswg.org/source/resources/testharness.js
and in
http://test.csswg.org/source/resources/testharnessreport.js
and in
http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/support/text-orientation/unicode-data.js
and in
http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/support/text-orientation/text-orientation.js

but there are 16 forEach() functions in
http://test.csswg.org/source/resources/testharness.js

------

What is
http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/support/text-orientation/text-orientation.js
supposed to do?

Compare expected/predicted bounding width of glyphs (rect.width == 16)
in order to establish if the glyphs are sideways-ed?

I've looked at your
text-orientation.js
and such script is above my javascript/DHTML understanding capabilities
right now...

+CC: Peter Linss

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines