W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-css-testsuite@w3.org > June 2015

Re: [css-writing-modes-3] vertical-align: sup and super: vertical-alignment-004, vertical-alignment-005a, vertical-alignment-005b, vertical-alignment-007, vertical-alignment-008a, vertical-alignment-008b

From: Shiozawa, Hajime <hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 07:02:20 +0900
Message-ID: <CAHSwuKP7Bj9dE_m7fP9tTTLEy5pY==yQiVmH9KcgEFBdqKU_dA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Cc: Public CSS Test suite mailing list <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Gérard,

I'm removing horizontal-tb tests.

https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/3a58fe357011

Hajime.


2015-06-10 1:05 GMT+09:00 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime) <hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com
>:

> Gérard,
>
> I have removed horizontal-tb case in vertical-align-***.
> (Sorry, now I could not push the change into Mercurial...)
>
> > And I suggest to use H2O and a² + b² = c² for such tests like explained
> in /2015Apr/0002.html .
> OK, I see.
> I will create the new version of vertical-align tests after I complete the
> refactring of inline-block-alignment-**.
>
> Hajime.
>
>
> 2015-06-09 14:02 GMT+09:00 Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>:
>
>> Hajime,
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-004.xht
>> vertical-alignment-004: vertical align - 'sub' (alphabetical baseline
>> with horizontal layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is horizontal, then the alphabetical baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-005a.xht
>> vertical-alignment-005a: vertical align - 'sub' (alphabetical baseline
>> with vertical layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is vertical and when 'text-orientation' is
>> 'sideways-left', 'sideways-right' or 'sideways', then the central baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-005b.xht
>> vertical-alignment-005b: vertical align - 'sub' (alphabetical baseline
>> with vertical layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is vertical and when 'text-orientation' is
>> 'sideways-left', 'sideways-right' or 'sideways', then the central baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-007.xht
>> vertical-alignment-007: vertical align - 'super' (alphabetical baseline
>> with horizontal layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is horizontal, then the alphabetical baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-008a.xht
>> vertical-alignment-008a: vertical align - 'super' (alphabetical baseline
>> with vertical layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is vertical and when 'text-orientation' is
>> 'sideways-left', 'sideways-right' or 'sideways', then the central baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/vertical-alignment-008b.xht
>> vertical-alignment-008b: vertical align - 'super' (alphabetical baseline
>> with vertical layout)
>>     This test checks the generation of text baseline with vertical align
>> property. When 'writing-mode' is vertical and when 'text-orientation' is
>> 'sideways-left', 'sideways-right' or 'sideways', then the central baseline
>> is used as the dominant baseline.
>>
>>
>> It is not possible to create reference files for testing 'vertical-align:
>> sub' and 'vertical-align: super' for reasons explained in
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2015Apr/0002.html
>>
>> If you want to create tests for testing 'vertical-align: sub' and
>> 'vertical-align: super' in vertical writing-modes, then create manual
>> tests. And I suggest to use H2O and a² + b² = c² for such tests like
>> explained in /2015Apr/0002.html .
>>
>> vertical-alignment-004.xht and vertical-alignment-007.xht can be safely
>> removed: we do not need to test 'vertical align: sub' 'vertical align:
>> super' in an horizontal-tb context. We already have
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/vertical-align-115.htm
>> and
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/vertical-align-116.htm
>>
>> Gérard
>> --
>> Test Format Guidelines
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-format-guidelines.html
>>
>> Test Style Guidelines
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-style-guidelines.html
>>
>> Test Templates
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-templates.html
>>
>> CSS Naming Guidelines
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/css-naming.html
>>
>> Test Review Checklist
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/review-checklist.html
>>
>> CSS Metadata
>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/css-metadata.html
>>
>
>
>
> --
> # 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime)
> # mail: hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com
>



-- 
# 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime)
# mail: hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com
Received on Tuesday, 9 June 2015 22:02:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 20 January 2023 19:58:21 UTC