[css-writing-modes-3] vertical-align: 0% in vertical-alignment-011-sidewaysright and vertical-alignment-012-rl

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 23:52:09 -0500
To: 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime) <hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com>
Hajime,

I examined

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/vertical-alignment-011-sidewaysright.htm

and

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/vertical-alignment-012-rl.htm

"
<percentage>
     Raise (positive value) or lower (negative value) the box by this
distance (a percentage of the 'line-height' value). The value '0%' means
the same as 'baseline'.
<length>
     Raise (positive value) or lower (negative value) the box by this
distance. The value '0cm' means the same as 'baseline'.
"

So, 'vertical-align: 0em' or 'vertical-align: 0%' should do nothing more
(and nothing less) than 'vertical-align: baseline' regardless of the
dominant baseline-alignment but it does not in Firefox 38 (I have not
checked other browsers right now). So, this must be a bug. We need to
develop a specific test testing just 'vertical-align: 0' versus
'vertical-align: baseline' in central baseline-alignment context (say,
'text-orientation: mixed').

Like:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/vertical-align-baseline-001.htm

and

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/vertical-align-baseline-002.htm

I also think your vertical-alignment-011-sidewaysright and
vertical-alignment-012-rl tests are too long and testing 3 specific
issues. I would split those in 6 smaller tests.

Gérard
--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines