Re: CSS 2.1 @charset tests invalidated by Level 3

Hello Arron,

> On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:03 PM Simon Pieters [mailto:simonp@opera.com]
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 00:00:46 +0400, Arron Eicholz <arronei@microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I was not part of the discussion in Sydney but if the CSS 2.1 errata
>> > matches what is in CSS-Syntax then I am fine with it.

Yes, that was the point of eratta-ing CSS 2.1, which in turn caused
these test cases to be written for CSS 2.1. Because all errata need
tests.

In that sense, the subject line of this thread is misleading or
incomplete. Its actually about new CSS 2.1 tests for CSS 2.1 errata.

>> Excellent. Then just wait until the errata is written.
>>

> That maybe fine and all but didn't we put the cart before the horse
> here in checking in test cases before they can be verified correct
> per the spec from the help link provided in the test case?

In the sense that the errata are not checked in yet, yes. In the sense
that we already discussed it and agreed exactly what the erratum
should say (and thus, these tests and the errata will be testing the
same thing), no.

> At this point I have to reject the test cases because there is no
> backing evidence (spec evidence) to support the test case based on the link provided.

> If there has been a resolution in the working group at the Sydney
> meeting please point me to that and I will use that for possibly approving the test cases.

There was an agenda item in Sydney about publishing a new draft of CSS
2.1 (be it called CSS 2.2 or CSS 2.1 second edition or whatever) that
rolls in all the errata. And also indicates, per section, where CSS3
has extended or changed the definition from 2.1.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain