[css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-mixed-001

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 06:04:37 -0500
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>, Kazuaki Takemura <takemura@networksoft.co.jp>
Kazuaki Takemura,

I have modified your original test

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-mixed-001.xht

into

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-mixed-001-GT.xht

and I will submit it with both of us as co-authors.

I think your original test is excellent. We just needed to better
describe the expected result and explain the existence of that "T"
(65332).

Other changes:

font-family: "DejaVuSerifBook";

We also need to declare a font that will have in its range the &#65332;
character; so, "mplus-1p-regular" replaces "DejaVuSerifBook".

font-size: 1.875em; /* equivalent to 30px */

It is best, more reliable to use px unit for tests (although, on the
web, em unit or percentage unit is better).

I have tuned the text assert and the pass-fail-conditions sentence.

I will ask Koji Ishii to review that test.

One last thing. The screenshot image is from Chrome 49. I think there
should be a small gap (just a few pixels) between the top of "T" and the
gray border-top; Firefox 42+ does not do that. I think it is a bug in
Firefox.

Gérard
--
Test Format Guidelines