[css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-010

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 06:06:21 -0500
To: Taka Oshiyama <takaoshiyama@gmail.com>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Taka Oshiyama,

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-010.xht

I think we need to split your text-orientation-010 test into 2 distinct
and separate tests. The Ahem part of your test needs a bit of
adjustement: 'height: 3em' is not needed (and not part of the purpose of
the test) if 'writing-mode' is set on the block (div) and not on the
inline (span) element. The Ahem part of your test should probably go in
section 3.1 (and then be filename-renamed) since it checks 1.block flow
direction and 2.inline direction.

The latin and Japan mixed text part of your test specifically and
formally tests 'text-orientation: mixed' and requires that we describe
the expected result and to use an image for comparison purpose. So, I
created

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-010b-GT.xht

and I will submit it with both of us as co-authors.

Changes from your test:

width: 3em; is not needed

font-size: 1.5em; It is best, more reliable to use px unit for tests
(although, on the web, em unit or percentage unit is better). I've
chosen 30px.

div#control uses an image screenshot. Here, Firefox 42+ and Chrome 49
differ on inter-character spacing. I used Chrome 49's rendering because
I think it is more correct typographically: this, I hope, can be
confirmed by Koji or Elika.

I'll ask Koji Ishii to review that test.

Gérard
--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines