Re: [css-ui] Box sizing TCs from Mozilla reviewed

Le 2015-04-28 07:35, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
> Hi Scott, Fantasai and David,
>
> (Sending to you because you are marked in shepherd either as author or
> owner of the TCs)
>
> Since the box-sizing section of css3-ui has now stabilized, I've
> reviewed the test cases that Mozilla has contributed to the w3c for
> box-sizing. Sorry about the long delay between submission and review.
>
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css-ui-3/owner/dbaron
>
> While they are all correct, they also all need improvements. Most of
> the TC are not minimized and use quite a bit more markup and style
> than needed for what they are testing.

I fully agree with you.

A few more comments if I may add here...

1- the test fails markup validation

2- id="one" and id="two" do not help understanding the test; best is to
declare identifiers that are
- descriptive with regards to the working logic of the testcase,
- descriptive of the design logic of the testcase or
- descriptive of the respective position in the containment hierarchy or
- descriptive of the respective position in the positioning hierarchy.

Identifiers should describe the role of an element inside the building
logic of a testcase.

eg.
(good) id="abs-pos-parent"
(good) id="wrapper"
(good) id="rel-pos-grand-parent"
(good) id="containing-block"
(good) id="red-overlapped"
(good) id="green-overlapping"
(good) id="reference"
(good) id="control"
(good) id="following-sibling"

3-

You wrote:
"3) no need for black borders anywhere"

but since this is testing border-box, there will be a need to have
borders somewhere at some point.. You can not realistically test
border-box implementation without having borders somewhere... unless
your comment refers to the color of borders..

[Addendum: This is what you did too in
http://jsbin.com/nireqa/1/watch?html,output ; so that's okay.]

> They also use an unusual look
> for the PASS state, while they could easily be made into the typical
> 100*100px green square with no red. Also, they are not reftests even
> though they easily could be.

Agree.

Gérard

--