Re: Using open source fonts in CSS test suites?

Hello Koji,

Sunday, November 23, 2014, 3:49:43 PM, you wrote:

> Could someone please teach me how I could use open source fonts in
> CSS test suites? The font in question is the one Ken Lunde created
> for the testing purposes[1], and its license is SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE, available here[2].

Yes, that font can be used for testing because the license does not
prevent free redistribution.

If the font is used without modification, nothing else needs to be
done.

If the font is modified in any way (subsetting, adding or removing
OpenType features, etc) then it can still be used, but under the terms
of the license it must be renamed and the new name must not use any
part of the "reserved name" specified in the license.

> I found the fonts/CSSTest directory[3] contains bunch of fonts
> along with the same SIL LICENSE file, though the date is slightly
> different. Is creating a directory under fonts and putting the
> LICENSE file and README file good enough?

Yes.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain