Re: CSS test repo refactored - branch ready for review

On May 30, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Le 2014-05-30 04:23, Peter Linss a écrit :
>>> Ok, I¹ll shuffle all the stuff not in mozilla-central-reftests into the
>>> proper locations.
>>> BTW, fantasai brought in what looks to be a subset of these tests at
>>> testtwf_tokyo. I put them aside in work_in_progress/mozilla.  can this be
>>> removed since they¹re being auto synced elsewhere?
>> The repository refactoring has been landed, many thanks to Rebecca for
>> doing all the heavy lifting.
>> Peter
>

> Peter,
>
> 1-
>
> I've hg-updated my local copy about an hour ago and saw:
>
> pulling from https://hg.csswg.org/test
> searching for changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 153 changesets with 65306 changes to 64809 files
> pulling subrepo tools/w3ctestlib from http://hg.csswg.org/dev/w3ctestlib
> searching for changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 2 changesets with 3 changes to 2 files
> 25257 files updated, 0 files merged, 27143 files removed, 0 files unresolved
>
> Are those numbers correct?

Looks right to me

> 2-
> Many things do not seem right... or at least they're odd.
>
> a) This folder
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/reference/
>
> now contains various reference files *and* very frequently used and reused reference files (with their filename starting with "ref-" eg  ref-filled-black-96px-square.xht). I do not believe this is best or even intended.

Rebecca handled all the actual refactoring, but I agree, the common reference files should probably be moved into a 'reference' directory in the root of the repository. Note that all the reference links to those files will have to be updated as well.

> b) About 260 tests that I submitted have been moved to an odd folder, to the root folder
> Eg.#1
> absolute-non-replaced-width-025
> should be in folder
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/visudet/
> but it isn't. According to shepherd, such test (and =~ 259 other tests) is in the root folder:
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/

I don't think that rearranging the subdirectories within the specification directories was part of this refactoring. If we're going to be consistent with the WPT repo then we may have to rethink that anyway (though I don't think having a directory structure tied to spec subsections is a good idea for specs under active development, as the structure of the specs tends to change a lot and it's too much to rearrange the test repo every time that happens).

At this point feel free to move your tests about if you don't think they're in the right place, just be sure to either update the paths to reference and support files or move them as well, as needed.

> Eg.#2
> I have 29 background-position-* tests in
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
> which obviously should be instead in
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/backgrounds/
>

> c)
> [TXT] first-letter-characters-generator.py         30-May-2014 00:04  3.5K
> [   ] first-letter-characters.tmpl                 30-May-2014 00:04  1.8K
> files are in
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
>
> I do not believe this is intended.

Those should probably be moved into a 'tools' directory.