Re: CSS test repo refactored - branch ready for review

Le 2014-06-01 17:27, Peter Linss a écrit :
> On May 30, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 2014-05-30 04:23, Peter Linss a écrit :

>> b) About 260 tests that I submitted have been moved to an odd folder,
>> to the root folder
>> Eg.#1
>> absolute-non-replaced-width-025
>> should be in folder
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/visudet/
>> but it isn't. According to shepherd, such test (and =~ 259 other
>> tests) is in the root folder:
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
>
> I don't think that rearranging the subdirectories within the
> specification directories was part of this refactoring. If we're going
> to be consistent with the WPT repo then we may have to rethink that
> anyway (though I don't think having a directory structure tied to spec
> subsections is a good idea for specs under active development, as the
> structure of the specs tends to change a lot and it's too much to
> rearrange the test repo every time that happens).
>
> At this point feel free to move your tests about if you don't think
> they're in the right place, just be sure to either update the paths to
> reference and support files or move them as well, as needed.

Peter,

I'm a bit confused. Let's consider
background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
test.

It's now in
http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/

but it should be in

http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/backgrounds/

The
background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
test has
<link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#background-properties"
title="14.2.1 Background properties: 'background-color',
'background-image', 'background-repeat', 'background-attachment',
'background-position', and 'background'" />

Shouldn't the <link rel="help" href="..."> spec be sufficient for the
build process to figure out where (in which /css21/ folder) to put such
test?

Gérard