Re: Requirements flags in reference files

On Jun 26, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:

> Le Mer 26 juin 2013 19:45, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
>> Hey Peter & Gérard,
>>
>> I've seen Gérard remove these flags in the past [1], but the guidelines
>> [2] are somewhat ambiguous. Should a ref file not have flags?
>
> According to
>
> Simplified Reference Format
> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest#the-reftest-reference-file
>
> "
> Unlike the format for the test file, there is no metadata except for the
> author credits and optional reference links.
> "

Updated.

>> For cases
>> where the test and the reference have the same flag (for example, ahem),
>> it makes sense that you needn't duplicate the info in the ref file as
>> its bound to the test.  What about cases where the ref file has a flag
>> that the test file does not? An example off the top of my head is maybe
>> using SVG to render something equivalent that you're testing in CSS.
>>
>> And more generally, how exactly are these flags used?

> and

> you're trying to test].">
>
> are only used for test files.

Shepherd only enforces that author metadata is present in references files, and that spec links and assertions are NOT present in reference or support files. Anything else is optional as needed/appropriate. (Test files require titles, spec links, and author metadata.)

Peter