Re: [css3-ui] Tests submitted for directional focus navigation properties

Le Mer 17 juillet 2013 7:49, Leif Arne Storset a écrit :
> Rebecca, Gérard, thanks for reviewing.
>
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:45 AM, "Gérard Talbot"
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>> Le Mar 16 juillet 2013 21:04, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :

[snipped]

>>> Opera's implementation and how to use it is described here [5].
>>
>> "
>> (...)
>> Structural elements within a document are also navigable. The previous
>> and next header on the page can be found using W and S. The keys E and
>> do the same for text elements.
>>
>> The keys Q and A allow you to jump to the previous or next link in the
>> document. (Ctrl+Down and Ctrl+Up do the same.)
>> "
>> Use Opera without a mouse: Document Navigation
>> http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/nomouse/#nav
>>
>> I am still somewhat unsure on how exactly I should be "doing" these
>> tests as a tester using Opera 12.16. I have found and checked the box
>> marked "Enable single-key shortcuts"... And so Q and A keys navigate,
>> and D keys navigate and Ctrl+Down and Ctrl+Up navigate.
>
> Use Shift+<arrow key>. It should work by default.

"
Spatial navigation allows you to move in any direction to the next link
or form input. To use spatial navigation, press Shift+Down, Shift+Up,
Shift+Left, and Shift+Right, and Opera will select the most appropriate
item in that direction.
"
Use Opera without a mouse: Document Navigation
http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/nomouse/#nav

So "Spatial navigation" in Opera documentation means/refers to
"Directional focus navigation" in the spec. I would never have been sure
of such equation, by myself.

>>> I don't
>>> think this specific instruction should be in the test itself though
>>> because as I mentioned above the spec makes no keyboard requirements.
>>> It
>>> might have been nice if this info were provided with the review was
>>> solicited, but it was easy enough to find :)
>
> Yeah, I should have done that. I guess spatial navigation to me is
> like water for a fish after a decade of using it. :)
>
>> As test creator, I would provide such kind of info (the keyboard
>> combination for various browsers) inside <!-- comments --> in the
>> source
>> code.
>
> Sounds like an idea.

Thank you, Leif.

Gérard

>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/issues?milestone=1&state=open
>>> (note that the closed issues are in the process
>>> [2] https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/issues/13
>>> [3] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/author/opera_software/
>>> [4] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/author/opera/
>>> [5] http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/nomouse/
>
> Jorrit and I are in the process of fixing the bugs and will push and
> update soon.
>
> [6] http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/17698197392b
>
> --
> Leif Arne Storset
> Opera Software

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: