Re: [css3-ui] Tests submitted for directional focus navigation properties

Rebecca, Gérard, thanks for reviewing.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:45 AM, "Gérard Talbot"
<css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
> Le Mar 16 juillet 2013 21:04, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
>> On 7/16/13 4:42 PM, ""Gérard Talbot"" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
>> wrote:

>>>"
>>>This test passes for me on a UA that does not support this property.
>>> You
>>>can add an intermediate step to first verify the property is supported.
>>>"
>>>contributors/opera/submitted/css3-ui/nav-dir-target-006.html
>>>
>>>I have in the past also criticized some tests for not being designed to
>>>fail when the test is testing an invalid syntax (or invalid
>>> declaration)
>>>and when an UA does not support a property. I think this issue should
>>> be
>>>clarified.
>>
>> What exactly should be clarified?
>
> I think it should be stated in the Design Requirements section of Test
> Format
> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#design-requirements
> that if the [property or declaration or feature] being tested isn't
> supported, then the test should always fail.
>
> Right now, there is only "The test will not pass inadvertently." in
> CSS Test Review Checklist, Test Design
> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/review-checklist#test-design
> which is a not-so-well-known wiki page.

I agree, a reminder there would be useful. (I thought to myself,
"Oops!" when I read your replies!)

>>>Opera has now 2 accounts:
>>>
>>>http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css-ui-3/author/opera_
>>>software/
>>>
>>>will return "No Assets Found." while
>>>
>>>http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css-ui-3/author/opera/
>>>will return "15 Test Cases Found".
>>>
>>>I think there should be only 1 Opera account.
>>>
>>>------------
>>
>> There are many tests under both accounts [3][4],
>
> Indeed.
>
>> so I'm not sure what we
>> can do about that.
>> It looks like there was one account created through
>> the Shepherd UI under the name "Opera Software ASA" and tests submitted
>> with that author title map to that account. Other tests were submitted
>> under just "Opera Software", which did not match anything so Shepherd
>> created a new account with the underscoring method. You're right, this
>> could be confusing, so I'll check with Peter how to handle this.

We probably want to keep the "opera" account rather than the
underscored one. I'll wait until you've checked with Peter—I'm not
sure David's commit [6] for the same problem worked.

>>>I am using Opera 12.16 and I have no idea what exactly I must do in
>>> such
>>>test.
>>
>> Opera's implementation and how to use it is described here [5].
>
> "
> (...)
> Structural elements within a document are also navigable. The previous
> and next header on the page can be found using W and S. The keys E and D
> do the same for text elements.
>
> The keys Q and A allow you to jump to the previous or next link in the
> document. (Ctrl+Down and Ctrl+Up do the same.)
> "
> Use Opera without a mouse: Document Navigation
> http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/nomouse/#nav
>
> I am still somewhat unsure on how exactly I should be "doing" these
> tests as a tester using Opera 12.16. I have found and checked the box
> marked "Enable single-key shortcuts"... And so Q and A keys navigate, E
> and D keys navigate and Ctrl+Down and Ctrl+Up navigate.

Use Shift+<arrow key>. It should work by default.

>> I don't
>> think this specific instruction should be in the test itself though
>> because as I mentioned above the spec makes no keyboard requirements.
>> It
>> might have been nice if this info were provided with the review was
>> solicited, but it was easy enough to find :)

Yeah, I should have done that. I guess spatial navigation to me is
like water for a fish after a decade of using it. :)

> As test creator, I would provide such kind of info (the keyboard
> combination for various browsers) inside <!-- comments --> in the source
> code.

Sounds like an idea.

>> [1] https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/issues?milestone=1&state=open
>> (note that the closed issues are in the process
>> [2] https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/issues/13
>> [3] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/author/opera_software/
>> [4] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/author/opera/
>> [5] http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/nomouse/

Jorrit and I are in the process of fixing the bugs and will push and
update soon.

[6] http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/17698197392b

--
Leif Arne Storset