Re: CSS3-text: line-break - strict

Le Ven 15 février 2013 11:54, taka a écrit :
> Hi Gerard

Hello Taka,

I've been quite busy in the last 6 days. I should be in vacations right
now... as I have promised my little CSS helper we would go in vacations
in february. Just last week, I finally have been able to do my Christmas
shopping.

I also have a minor but annoying video card problem on my PC.

> I've replaced @font-face from "IPAMincho/IPAGothic" to
> "mplus-1p-regular"according to your suggestion. Updated files are
> located here for your kind review.

Please keep in mind that this "mplus-1p-regular" webfont is only
temporary and transitory... until we can provide a good, complete and
working WOFF solution.

> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-text/author/taka/status/submitted/
>
> In addition, I've reflected your useful comments against other testcases
> (text-decoration-line-010.xht, text-combine-horizontal-010.xht) into
> this testcase as those seem to be universal.
> selector to use id rather than class for a single element

1.
line 11: <meta name="flags" content="font should" />

In testS

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/line-break-strict-011.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/line-break-strict-018.xht

please remove the "should" flag.

Reasons why remove the "should" flag are given in

[CSSWG] Minutes Tucson F2F 2013-02-06 Wed PM II: CSS3 Text
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0474.html

"
CSS3 Text
---------
   - Discussed interaction of word-break and line-break.
   - Wordsmithed line-break definitions
   - RESOLVED: Strike the two sentences "Support for this property is
optional. It is recommended for UAs that wish to support CJK
typography
and strongly recommended for UAs in the Japanese market."

(...)

 jdaggett: One issue I have is about line-break:  the text uses SHOULD
language; I think that makes the entire behavior of this property a
SHOULD behavior.  I think UAs should be required...
 fantasai: would changing recommended to required help?

(...)

 jdaggett: (1) says RECOMMENDED
 fantasai: fixed now

"

Quoted excerpts from

[CSSWG] Minutes Tucson F2F 2013-02-06 Wed PM II: CSS3 Text
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0474.html

-------

2.
In the reftestS

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/reftest/line-break-strict-011-ref.xht
and
line-break-strict-012-ref.xht
line-break-strict-013-ref.xht
line-break-strict-014-ref.xht
line-break-strict-015-ref.xht
line-break-strict-016-ref.xht
line-break-strict-017-ref.xht
line-break-strict-018-ref.xht

please replace

line 15	.test span {
line 16		line-break: strict;
line 17	}
line 18	p.test, p.control {

with

line 18	p.control {

You should remove
line 15	.test span {
line 16		line-break: strict;
line 17	}

3.

Your tests titles are already good, correct and acceptable as they are.

Assuming that title text is:
<title>CSS [Module_name] Test: [property_name] - [property_value]
[optional test parameters]</title>
then you can add 2-3 words as optional test parameters.

E.g.

In line-break-strict-011.xht, the title text would become

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and Japanese small kana</title>

or

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with Japanese small kana</title>

In line-break-strict-012.xht, the title text would become

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and Katakana-Hiragana
prolonged sound marks</title>

or

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with Katakana-Hiragana
prolonged sound marks</title>

In line-break-strict-013.xht, the title text would become

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and hyphens</title>

or

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with hyphens</title>

In line-break-strict-014.xht, the title text would become

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and iteration marks</title>

or

<title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with iteration marks</title>

etc...

The title text is what we read in normal font-style in the right column
of test suites eg for margin-backgrounds-001 test:
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-8.htm#s8.1
"Margin backgrounds and transparency" is the title of the test without
the "CSS Test" chunk

and what is italicized is the text assert
"Margins do not have a background, but show the content below them."

In the test harness, testers will only be able to read the title:

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/CSS21_DEV/single/margin-backgrounds-001/

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: