Re: CSS3-text: line-break - strict

Hi Gerard
Thanks for your comments/suggestions, as always.
Please review again as I fixed and uploaded here:
http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-text/author/taka/status/submitted/name/line-break-strict/

regards, from taka

(2013/02/21 10:26), "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Le Ven 15 février 2013 11:54, taka a écrit :
>> Hi Gerard
> Hello Taka,
>
> I've been quite busy in the last 6 days. I should be in vacations right
> now... as I have promised my little CSS helper we would go in vacations
> in february. Just last week, I finally have been able to do my Christmas
> shopping.
I understand your situation and my apology if I've been bothering you,
not a little!
> I also have a minor but annoying video card problem on my PC.
To be fixed with less cost, i hope, as any malfunctions would cause poor
productivity.

>> I've replaced @font-face from "IPAMincho/IPAGothic" to
>> "mplus-1p-regular"according to your suggestion. Updated files are
>> located here for your kind review.
>
> Please keep in mind that this "mplus-1p-regular" webfont is only
> temporary and transitory... until we can provide a good, complete and
> working WOFF solution.
Yes, I understand it.

>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-text/author/taka/status/submitted/
>>
>> In addition, I've reflected your useful comments against other testcases
>> (text-decoration-line-010.xht, text-combine-horizontal-010.xht) into
>> this testcase as those seem to be universal.
>> selector to use id rather than class for a single element
> 1.
> line 11: <meta name="flags" content="font should" />
>
> In testS
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/line-break-strict-011.xht

> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/line-break-strict-018.xht
>
> please remove the "should" flag.
>
> Reasons why remove the "should" flag are given in
>
> [CSSWG] Minutes Tucson F2F 2013-02-06 Wed PM II: CSS3 Text
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0474.html
>
> "
> CSS3 Text
> ---------
>     - Discussed interaction of word-break and line-break.
>     - Wordsmithed line-break definitions
>     - RESOLVED: Strike the two sentences "Support for this property is
> optional. It is recommended for UAs that wish to support CJK
> typography
> and strongly recommended for UAs in the Japanese market."
>
> (...)
>
>   jdaggett: One issue I have is about line-break:  the text uses SHOULD
> language; I think that makes the entire behavior of this property a
> SHOULD behavior.  I think UAs should be required...
>   fantasai: would changing recommended to required help?
>
> (...)
>
>   jdaggett: (1) says RECOMMENDED
>   fantasai: fixed now
>
> "
>
> Quoted excerpts from
>
> [CSSWG] Minutes Tucson F2F 2013-02-06 Wed PM II: CSS3 Text
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0474.html

I fixed it.
> -------
>
> 2.
> In the reftestS
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/reftest/line-break-strict-011-ref.xht
> and
> line-break-strict-012-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-013-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-014-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-015-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-016-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-017-ref.xht
> line-break-strict-018-ref.xht
>
> please replace
>
> line 15 .test span {
> line 16  line-break: strict;
> line 17 }
> line 18 p.test, p.control {
>
> with
>
> line 18 p.control {
>

> You should remove
> line 15 .test span {
> line 16  line-break: strict;
> line 17 }
I fixed it.

> 3.
>
> Your tests titles are already good, correct and acceptable as they are.
>
> Assuming that title text is:
> <title>CSS [Module_name] Test: [property_name] - [property_value]
> [optional test parameters]</title>
> then you can add 2-3 words as optional test parameters.
>
> E.g.
>
> In line-break-strict-011.xht, the title text would become
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and Japanese small kana</title>
>
> or
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with Japanese small kana</title>
>

> In line-break-strict-012.xht, the title text would become
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and Katakana-Hiragana
> prolonged sound marks</title>
>
> or
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with Katakana-Hiragana
> prolonged sound marks</title>
>

> In line-break-strict-013.xht, the title text would become
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and hyphens</title>
>
> or
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with hyphens</title>
>

> In line-break-strict-014.xht, the title text would become
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict and iteration marks</title>
>
> or
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break: strict with iteration marks</title>
>
> etc...
>
> The title text is what we read in normal font-style in the right column
> of test suites eg for margin-backgrounds-001 test:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-8.htm#s8.1
> "Margin backgrounds and transparency" is the title of the test without
> the "CSS Test" chunk
>
> and what is italicized is the text assert
> "Margins do not have a background, but show the content below them."
>
> In the test harness, testers will only be able to read the title:
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/CSS21_DEV/single/margin-backgrounds-001/
I fixed it. I now realize this if I do search on Shepherd and get the
title by which I can quickly understand what the test is in more detail.

--

taka oshiyama 押山 隆
takaoshiyama@gmail.com