RE: New tests submission for css3 background-clip/-origin/-size

> Le Dim 14 octobre 2012 23:04, Zhang, Zhiqiang a écrit :
> > Gérard,
> >
> > Thank you very much on your feedbacks. I really appreciate your review
> > of my tests.
> >

> >> Zhiqiang,
> >>
> >> Here's a preliminary review of 1 test.
> >>
> >> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-
> >> background/background-334.html
> >>
> >> 1-
> >> a)
> >> The test is obviously about background shorthand: so the title element
> >> should say so.
> >
> > Updated @ https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/4a42bfba3b60
> >

> Zhiqiang,
>
> I wonder why you unite, you join all the words in the last part of the
> title with underscore characters.
>
> Eg. background_shorthand_specified_color_image
> eg. background_specified_box_two

Well, this is a balance between the Title element [1] and the tests naming convention of my project.

For CSS, in short, we name tests as <feature/property>_<short_description_for_test_purpose>, in which we join all the words with underscore characters. Each test case name must be concise, unique and descriptive as the Title element [1] required; and we use it, instead of a  "meaningless" test-topic-### in [2], for testing report, bug tracking, etc.

Also, I think using this naming convention as title element doesn't break the rule defined in [1] for the generated index in the shepherd system [3], right? Moreover, people can make better use of this field (as it is unique and descriptive) as we do :)

[1] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#title-element
[2] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#file-name-format
[3] https://test.csswg.org/shepherd/