Re: CSS Hierarchies Module - Test Case

Le Ven 17 février 2012 16:41, Hans Christian Reinl a écrit :
> Hey there,
>
> I wrote about the CSS Hierarchies Module Level 3 [1] and made a
> test-case in order to test the behavior for the latest browsers [2].
> Lea Verou advised me to submit this test-case in order to support the
> Editor's Draft of the Hierarchies Module.
> I've stripped down the test-case (plain HTML/CSS) over here [3].
>
> As I am not used to the procedure on how to submit a proper test-case.

Hans Christian,

How to submit one single test in the CSS Hierarchies Module Level 3 is
not know to me right now. But it should meet the CSS 2.1 format
requirements.

> Maybe this test is useful and you can adopt it.
>
> Cheers
> - Hans
>
> [1] http://drublic.de/blog/the-css-hierarchies-module-level-3/
> [2] http://dabblet.com/gist/1854033
> [3] http://drublic.de/demo/css-hierarchies-module/

    <title>CSS Test: The Hierarchies Module Level 3</title>

The title should be indicating something about the actual test, what is
the actual test about. So, I would put in some words about the &
"nesting" selector ... which is what the test is about. The words
"Hierarchies Module Level 3" should not be in the title; those
Hierarchies Module Level 3 tests will be eventually put into a
Hierarchies Module Level 3 folder or test suite.

    <link rel="author" title="Hans Christian Reinl"
href="mailto:info@drublic.de">
    <link rel="help" href="http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-hierarchies/">

I suggest to replace <link rel="help"> above

    <link rel="help"
href="http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-hierarchies/#nesting-selector"
title="2. The &amp; Selector">

You see, some of us can actually read, reach, access the content of
<link rel="help"> thanks to the title attribute and site navigation
toolbar.

nesting">

The assert text is optional but here, I would try to provide a sentence
about such & selector and what it is supposed to be doing in the test.

More on test assertion text:
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/format#test-assertions

line 20:
hierarchies specification seems to be implemented in the browser you are
using.</p>

I would replace your sentence with:

or with

because we want pass-fail conditions sentences to be easy to understand,
easy to figure out even if your bus driver, mother or neighbour was to
be taking the test suite or your batch of tests. The pass-fail
conditions sentence should have no technical explanations, no technical
terms (like CSS3) and no technical expressions (like div, body, html).

More on the format guidelines can be found at:

http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/format

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: