Re: Which test suite should test property animation?

On Feb 15, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Arron Eicholz wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:09 PM Simon Fraser wrote:
>> Work will be progressing on test suites for Transitions, Animations and
>> Transforms in the near future. Which test suite should test the transition and
>> animation behavior of the 'transform' property: the Transforms suite, or the
>> Animation and Transitions suites?
>
> Really the answer is all three test suites should have a test. Let me clarify.
>
> Scenarios (these needs tests):
> Animations should test that the transform value can be animated.
> Transitions should test that the transform value can be transformed.
>
> The Transform suite should also contain these tests but you can do that linking using the references help link. When the implementation report is created for the Transforms test suite it should contain the tests (links) in the Transforms test suite and the Animations test suite for those relevant cases.

Agreed. Note that when making tests it's not necessary to think about what suite they're in at all. Just what assertions in what specs are being tested. Add the proper specification links ( http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/format#specification-links ) and the test suite build will take care of putting the test in the proper test suites.

For tests that are testing the transition or animation of a property, link to the property definition and the spec that defines the transition/animation of that property.

Peter