Re: [css3-transitions] [css3-animations] API for testing transitions and animations

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> I should probably mention that I volunteered as owner of the Animations
> testsuite a while back (since nobody else spoke up) [1], and that since
> then, I have created about 150 tests (not submitted quite yet). Those are
> all automated via testharness.js (some using setTimeout, some using the
> animation events, some neither), and can also be visually/manually inspected
> for a more thorough check (they don't have reference animations, though).
>
> There seems to be no owner for Transitions yet, by the way [2].

Are the tests somewhere public?  We wouldn't want to duplicate effort.
 You can put them in an incoming/ directory if you don't want to
officially submit them yet.

> Opera doesn't support requestAnimationFrame currently. I suppose this makes
> me biased as well, but I think it would be unfortunate if the W3C testsuites
> were to depend on proprietary features (as far as I know, current
> implementations are all prefixed and the spec is at FPWD).

It's not proprietary -- there's a spec, and it's in WD just like
transitions/animations themselves.  Of course, if tests would use
requestAnimationFrame, UAs that don't support it wouldn't be deemed to
not support transitions/animations properly because of it.  Those
tests would apply only to UAs that supported both
transitions/animations and requestAnimationFrame.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> (At Opera we can handle regular reftests.)

In a fashion that anyone can access, or only for internal Opera use?