Re: CSS Test Suite Management System: issue with abspos-containing-block-initial-001

On Sep 23, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:

> Le Ven 23 septembre 2011 19:36, Linss, Peter a écrit :
>> Hi Gérard,
>>
>> as far as I can tell the system is behaving properly.
>>
>> I think you're just getting confused because you are looking at two
>> different systems and they both use the term 'Author' differently.
>>
>> In Shepherd, the 'Authors' are only those people listed in the
>> rel='author' link tags of the test file's metadata. When you click the
>> source file (or any of the 'Revision: xxx:xxxx' links in Shepherd), you
>> are looking at the Mercurial repository directly.
>>
>> In Mercurial, the 'Author' is the person who committed the changeset you
>> are looking at (I use the term 'Reviser' for that in Shepherd). Since
>> you made the last commit, you are currently the 'Author' of the 'tip',
>> meaning the current state of the entire repository. This does not mean
>> that you are the actual author of, or have touched any files other then
>> the ones you actually committed changes to, it's just the way Mercurial
>> looks at the repository.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter
>
> Thank you, Peter, for your quick response.
>
> Ok. I'm relieved :)
>
> Despite all this, I see the exact same commit message that was targeting
> for one of my commit [1] and which has nothing to do with the testcase I
> am examining. I see
> "this test improves coverageability of test suite"
> everywhere, in all 1014 testcases.
>
> [1] Such commit comment is the comment I did in my last commit which was
> about list-style-021.xht :
> http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/3d2f5ffcf71e

The commit comment you're seeing is for the changeset where you made the comment. When you look at the Mercurial repository you're looking at the entire repository at the state of the most recent changeset (the 'tip'). The UI is a bit confusing because it's overlaying a single changeset viewed onto the entire repository. Note that what you're looking at is the web interface to the Mercurial repository, not Shepherd.