Re: Conformance requirement markup and test metadata (take 2)

On 9/1/11 7:42 PM, "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Alan Stearns wrote:
>
>> After the feedback on this list and discussing the idea with Elika, Peter
>> and Vincent, I have a new plan for adding conformance requirements markup to
>> the css3-regions spec and referring to that spec markup in test metadata.
>>
>> Test files currently have a reference to the section of the spec they test.
>> We'd like to be a bit more specific about what each test covers. I will be
>> adding metadata to Regions tests that includes any relevant id in the spec.
>> This might just be the id of the section the test already refers to. Or it
>> could be more specific, perhaps referring to one or more <dfn> ids.
>
> Currently tests have <link rel='help' href='Š' /> links that _must_ point to a
> specification section heading (i.e.: a URL from the spec's TOC).
>
> Do you mean to let these point elsewhere in the spec or leave these pointing
> to a section and adding another link type pointing to the more specific
> target?
>
> Either way has implications for the tools that I'll need to take into account.
>
> Peter

I intend to leave the section link alone. It will continue to point to a
section heading. I'm only adding new metadata pointing back to one or more
ids (one of which may be the id for the section, if there isn't anything
more specific to use).

Alan