Re: Conformance requirement markup and test metadata (take 2)

On Sep 1, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Alan Stearns wrote:

> After the feedback on this list and discussing the idea with Elika, Peter
> and Vincent, I have a new plan for adding conformance requirements markup to
> the css3-regions spec and referring to that spec markup in test metadata.
>
> Test files currently have a reference to the section of the spec they test.
> We'd like to be a bit more specific about what each test covers. I will be
> adding metadata to Regions tests that includes any relevant id in the spec.
> This might just be the id of the section the test already refers to. Or it
> could be more specific, perhaps referring to one or more <dfn> ids.

Currently tests have <link rel='help' href='…' /> links that _must_ point to a specification section heading (i.e.: a URL from the spec's TOC).

Do you mean to let these point elsewhere in the spec or leave these pointing to a section and adding another link type pointing to the more specific target?

Either way has implications for the tools that I'll need to take into account.

Peter