Re: text-decoration-089

Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> a écrit :

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/text-decoration-089.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/text-decoration-089.htm
>
> This test was mentioned in an earlier mail, but it seems to have
> issues on its own.
>
> 1) It says "single orange line", but since the inline-block should
> not have any decoration it will actually be two lines. So the pass
> condition gets a bit confusing.

Øyvind

I agree with you; a computer software would state/claim there are 2 lines.

How would you write/clarify the pass/fail sentence then?

How about:
"
Test passes if there is an orange line below, underneath the words
LINE A and if there is an orange line below, underneath LINE B. Test
fails if there are any orange lines under, inside, above, or on the
dotted blue box.
"

Would that be okay?

> 2) It says "below, underneath the words LINE A and LINE B", but in
> fact this is not guaranteed by the spec. When there are multiple
> solutions, (unfortunately) "CSS 2.1 does not define the position of
> the line box's baseline" [1], and since all the spans (including the
> inline-block) are bottom-aligned, this seems to be the case here.
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#line-height

I think you're right. I have added  [RC6] text-decoration-089 in the list
of Incorrect RC6 testcases
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/issues?&#incorrect-rc6-testcases
along with a link to your email.

This, it seems, was also the same issue also for

[RC4]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/text-decoration-087.htm

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011